Music is the best gift of life... Its all around us, all we have to do is listen. So let your music embrace you, consume you and save you. It can mend a broken heart, dry tears, create smiles, make you fall in love, change a life... Its one thing in this world that is truelly yours

One moment, one camera, one photo.... millions of memories. Get trigger happy, smile at strangers, pose like a random, remember good times, cry over lost loves, laugh at your hair and your goofy style from 10 years ago.... Capture that one moment that defines a thousand others


I heart Drop Dead Online Store

Monday, January 24, 2011

Hardcore meets Dubstep


Lately it's been trending for post-hardcore, hardcore and metalcore bands to incorporate Dubstep in their music. Being a fan of both Dubstep and hardcore this collaboration seemed only natural but many might say that these genres should not mix although I don't agree I will say that I think it's mixture that should be handled very carefully, If not well you'll end up sounding like brokeNCYDE and nobody wants to hear that.

I first noticed the wobblebass, dirty basslines and bassdrop ,all known typically to dubstep, coming from bands like Woe, is me, I see stars and Abandon all ships. The mixture of basslines with heavy swelling guitars, pounding drums, clean vocals and of course screaming vocals is something that shouldn't work... but surprisingly it does. I know that this may not be every one's cup of tea but keep an open mind and see for yourself.


Check out these tracks:

1. Attack! Attack! (US) - Smokahontas

2. Abandon all ships- Geeving

3. Woe, is me- Desolate [the conductor] and Mannequin religion

4. Breath Carolina- Down (jay Sean cover)

5. I see stars- End of the world party

6. The world alive- Like father like son

7. D.R.U.G.S- Mr. Owl ate my metal worm

8. Bring me the horizon- the sadness never ends (skrillex remix) & sleep with one eye open (tek-one remix)

9. Enter shakari- Havoc B

10. Asking Alexandria- A single moment of sincerity (Bare remix)

11. Architects- Day in day out (big chocolate remix)

Attack! Attack!- Smokahontas


No comments:

Post a Comment